ALPS Products – Solar Shading
Maximising natural daylight entry into the building’s internal space whilst minimising solar heat gain and providing an external architectural feature.A cost-effective, lightweight system. Comprising extruded aluminium blades and rafters.
- An effective, external, fixed aluminium ‘C’ section blade brise soleil system.
- The system can be positioned horizontally (above glazing) or vertically (in front of glazing).
- Providing a practical, cost effective way to manage solar heat gain whilst adding a modern architectural aesthetic.
- Designed to maximise natural daylight transmission.
- Available in modular (pre-assembled) format to reduce on site installation time or breakdown / kit format.
Solar C Shading
- Five standard blade profiles are available varying in section from 100mm, 110mm, 140mm to 150mm. A perforated blade is also available with a width of 100mm. The pitch between the blades is normally set at 100mm but this can be varied to suit the blade size and angle.
- Five standard Solar C brise soleil rafter designs are available. Their use depends on the fixing method, projection from the building face and the loading on the structure. For any projections less than 1m the rafter can be cantilevered from the building structure, assuming the wind load is not excessive.
- Solar C is normally provided as a continuous brise soleil louvre system mounted either above or below fixed rafters projecting from the building. However, if a panelised system is preferred, then this is available with profiled end plates which can make a prominent feature to a building.
- 3No fascia profiles are available to provide a decorative finish to the system.
- Finishes available: Mill Finish (unpainted), Polyester Powder Paint and Anodised (natural, colour or blue grey).
An extruded aluminium, aerofoil shading solution allowing for larger spans between supports.
- Available in a wide range of blade sections / profiles from 120mm to 450mm.
- Manufactured from extruded aluminium alloy.
- System(s) designed to compensate for thermal expansion and contraction.
- Blade profiles designed to optimise strength to weight ratio.
- Systems designed to provide an architectural statement to building facades.
Finishes available: Mill Finish (unpainted), Polyester Powder Paint and Anodised (natural, colour and blue grey).
Solarfin product type CEL. A selection of blades and profiles can be viewed at www.coltgroup.com in the Shadowmetal range.
Please get in touch to discuss any bespoke shading requirements.
- Innovative technical solutions to turn an architect’s vision into reality.
- We will work closely with you to create a unique solution tailored to your project.